Friday, November 16, 2012

New Testament class weekly forum post

As life tends to be and will be difficult at times I am grateful for Brother Griffin's class and the effort he puts into it.
This Wednesday's class leading up to the Atonement and crucifixion of the Savior was a good class for me. Although I didn't feel extremely moved, I still felt something. Sometimes that little something is all I need.

I've recently gone through a heartbreak and as anyone who has experienced heart break knows that it's often a struggle just to get by in life. So I'm trying to cope. The last time I experienced depression like this was on my mission at a time when you're expected to 'forget yourself and go to work'. So I did, but in doing so I closed my heart to a great deal of emotions, saying to myself that emotions are a choice. I believe that to an extent.
This time coming through heartbreak I didn't want to close my heart off to any of the passions or extreme ups and downs going with this challenge. I wanted to keep it open to the pain and joys in hopes that I will be refined by the fire and come out better and still have an open heart. At the beginning of class on Wednesday Brother Griffin mentioned how despite not always receiving love from us, God keeps His heart open towards us and experiences the pain of not being loved in return. But that's who God is.
So I feel better about my decision, no matter how painful, to keep my heart open through this heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment