Thursday, November 1, 2012

Answer someone's prayer

I will tell the world now that I've been very depressed and have struggled much over the past month. All to do with my decision to break things with Samantha. Each day is a battle against depression and simply focusing on breathing and taking each step.
Today was an especially poignant day. The hole in my heart seemed deeper and gaping ever wider. I went to the temple for help and seemed somewhat calm afterwards but the pain came back with great intensity. I knelt and prayed a couple times on the way home, ran into an old co worker. That was a blessing and did just a little bit to ease my pain. I got onto campus and did some things and just as I was coming out of the library I noticed a young woman who was obviously unhappy and crying. I kept walking but thought twice and decided to turn around and walk back to ask how she was. We talked and talked and eventually both of us felt a little better. The pain never fully goes away but this great blessing from the Lord was an answer to my prayer and hers.
I remember as a missionary going through a lot of depression for various reasons. The things that helped me most was when I had the opportunity to help other people, me specifically helping them. So I thank God for an answer to my prayer, and also that I was able to be an answer to another prayer.

Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment