Tuesday, November 20, 2012

P.S. Today

I got a new job as a weekend custodian for the same building, the JFSB. I've been working early morning custodian for 4 semesters now and although fun and different I'm done with 4-7:30 am shifts Monday through Friday. I'm looking forward to only two shifts on the weekend Saturday and Sunday. And I will get paid more! WOOHOO!
It all came as a recommendation from my managers supervisor. I've struggled with work over the past couple weeks and when the position opened up she suggested to my manager that I apply for the job. Last Friday I called the manager overseeing the weekend crew and asked for an interview. The following Monday she called and told me that I was, "Highly recommended" and that she'd like to offer me the job. So here I am :) Tomorrow is the last day of my early morning custodial career, I'm moving up in the world to the weekend job. I'll work alone from 6 am to 2:30 pm and that's alright. I can work well enough by myself. Won't have to put up with the nonsense that comes with immaturity in some and see them get paid more than I do while doing practically nothing but play.
I am looking forward. So happy that I've been given this opportunity and will enjoy my new work.


No comments:

Post a Comment