Tuesday, October 9, 2012

To God

In reflection of my life I see times where I have seemingly fallen in love with pictures, ideas, movies, places, and people. When I say I 'fell in love' I attempt to describe the surge of longing and adoration I feel so suddenly for the subject before me.
A question always floated around my mind, "Why this? Why do I love this?". The reasonable part of my mind told me not to worry and let it be, love is love. Of course I thought on that from time to time. Because of the inspiration and motivation endowed upon me by these things I loved I felt a desire to connect them, simplify the map towards self-motivation.
It became clear as I thought back to some rather dark points in my life, each less dark than the one prior. Marking the end of these dark times was a time I would say I 'fell in love'. Those with whom I fell in love embodied specific characteristics, or I ascribed to them specific characteristics. Purity, faith, beauty, kindness to name a few. When I began to compare each individual I realized what it was that inspired me so much.
My inspiration is the truth. If it is light it lifts my eyes and strengthens my heart. I am blessed with courage in the presence of light. It is God, the embodiment of light, with whom I fall in love.
No doubt I will continue to love many things in this life, however I will know the source of that which I love.


To that woman I fell in love with, and will fall in love with again and again

"I see my God in you"

No comments:

Post a Comment