Friday, May 16, 2014

Delays and Blessings

I don't typically get excited for any trip I go on until I'm on the plane. In this case the excitement did not hit me until I was sitting in first class flying from San Francisco to Honolulu.
Before that happened there were a number of set backs.
Getting to Seattle from Anchorage was fine. Window seat with plenty of time to try and sleep. But after getting there I found out my next flight was delayed, three hours. So I miss my next flight. The nice man at the desk put me on another flight and away I went. Well the plane left another half hour late and we were finally in air. I had to wait another 3-4 hours in San Francisco and when I stepped on the plane I went back into economy looking for aisle eight. None back there. I turn around and what's left? First class. Walking up there I thought it was a mistake. Then I found my seat and realized one of the best parts of today.
That nice man put me in first class. For about 20 minutes I was a little kid, wondering what all I could get for free. Mimosa? Brandy? Wine? All for free?! I 'll have water, thank you. They even fed me dinner, a rib eye steak with salad. For dessert? Ice cream sundae. I laid down and watched some movies, played my ukulele. It was at this point I felt like I was on a vacation. Thank you. Thank you God. Thank you nice man at the counter.
After a somewhat stressful night of figuring out rental car, getting food, and finding where we are staying at... it was time for something awesome.
Brennan, Dakotah and I walked a few minutes to the beach and ran along the beach, then we swam in the ocean for awhile. I touched the ocean.
Thank you Mom.
Here's to two good weeks of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment