Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Because I need to

Today I'm glad there was food I could eat for breakfast. Leftovers from last night's dinner with Grainger.
I'm definitely grateful for this $25 Wal-Mart fan which helps me sleep in this hot apartment.
I have fun clothes to wear, so today I wore all green.
I have a hard copy of the Book of Mormon.
There was enough money for me to 1. Get a replacement phone when my old one cracked 2. continue eating the way I do as a college student 3. have a car 4. take said car up to Logan to see Micah and Rachel's baby blessing 5. Take a nice young girl to dinner tonight
My Mom loves me and has wonderful patience for my challenges and when I need someone to chat with.
This past weekend I got an unexpected text with some very encouraging words. Such nice things were said.

I need to write all of this and see it because for too long have I built up frustration and angst. Too many days have passed without my resolving my conflicts with God. Of course in the end all will fall into place. But for now I'm a child frustrated with His Father, trying to understand the course of events and their purpose.

I'm glad my roommates are good people.
I have good relations with my manager and supervisor at work. My classmates in Arabic are also good people.
I'm surrounded by good people.

This particular pair of shoes I'm wearing right now were miraculous in their own right.
In the beginning of my mission I found a very nice nearly new pair of brown Dockers dress shoes. They were at a popular mid-western thrift store. One of my favorite pairs of shoes, I wore them throughout my mission and eventually had to throw them out. Within the last six months of my mission I was in another thrift store hundreds of miles away where I found another pair of the exact same shoes. Very nice and nearly new and rather inexpensive. God knows I like brown shoes.

Already I'm feeling better. Already the clouds start to fall even though disappointment and frustration still linger. God has control. He loves me and knows my particular problems. And that's ok because He understands.
I think I'm ready to go to my appointment with the Bishop now. Ten minutes ago I definitely wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment