Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Anxiety

Already I feel the building anticipation and fear of the unknown. How seriously did I consider this aspect of my adventure? Really not at all. My only thoughts towards this decision in the beginning were how amazing the experience would be, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit the Holy Land. It's taking me days to clean up and pack, though I'm sure had I waited until tomorrow it would have all gotten done.
I'm nervous. Arabic? Did I really just start learning this a year ago? And now I'm diving into the Middle East to learn more of this strange language from those we Americans have come to fear.
I understand these anxieties are natural and expected. Whenever such challenges come my way I think how it'll be no problem, I'll face them and push onward.
In the meantime I'm watching movies and considering what I think I can do without when it comes to packing for this adventure. It's good I already enjoy minimalism in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment