Thursday, May 30, 2013

When I First Decided

8 years ago I decided to live my life for God. It was a promise I made in order to be happy. Simply said, I decided that I was going to be happy. There is a truth and after learning about it I decided it was time to be happy. Despite my mistakes and problems I'd faced, it was time to be happy.

That was the decision of my baptism. Letting go of hopeless despair and depression.

The embrace of hope for, "...whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world..."


I think it's about time I've had enough of depression and pain. Of course I sometimes feel as though I left the woman of my dreams. No doubt I have a hard time believing that another will come into my life.

But it's about time. God lives. Jesus Christ lives. They're alive. I can believe in them because somewhere in all of the universe, they live.

While I am still alive it's time to be happy again. I did this for me. I did this because You live.
Eventually I found more reason to keep the promise but it started out with me.

1 comment: